Last Updated on April 13, 2021 by Serish | I Hated My Boss
Ever wonder what some of the wealthiest people thought about money?
Becoming rich isn’t as hard as you think. However, maintaining that wealth and sustaining growth is how the REAL rich prosper.
If you’re fascinated with the rich lifestyle and looking for ways to become wealthy, what better than to learn from those who have amassed a fortune?
That said, I’ve compiled this list of 57 badass money quotes from wealthy people around the globe.
Read on to learn how you, too, can join the elite group!
Wanna read this post later? Pin it here:
57 Epic Money Quotes from Wealthy People That Will Empower You To Be Rich
I hope the following money quotes from wealthy people will inspire you to take control of your finances and encourage you to spend wisely.
So to make it easy for you, I’m throwing in this Free Spending Planner that’ll help you keep track of your spending.
If you need more tips on how to save money fast, here are the steps I took to pay off $15k in debt in less than 7 months (while on a low income!).
Now let’s get motivated!
1. “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” – Charles A. Jaffe
2. “Unless you control your money, making more won’t help. You’ll just have bigger payments.” – Dave Ramsey
3. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “If you don’t get serious about your money, you will never have serious money.” – Grant Cardone
5. “Rich people stay rich by living like they are broke. Broke people stay broke by living like they are rich.” – Unknown
6. “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep.” – Robert Kiyosaki
7. “You don’t get rich by spending your time to save money. You get rich by saving your time to make money.” – Naval Ravikant
8. “I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died.” – Malcolm Forbes
9. “Just because you can afford it, doesn’t mean you should buy it.” – Suze Orman
10. “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.” – Warren Buffett
11. “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
12. “If you can get paid for doing what you love, every paycheck is a bonus.” – Oprah Winfrey
13. “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Thomas Jefferson
14. “Spend your money on the things money can buy. Spend your time on the things money can’t buy.” – Haruki Murakami
15. “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” – Henry David Thoreau
16. “Seek wealth, not money or status. Wealth is having assets that earn while you sleep. Money is how we transfer time and wealth. Status is your place in the social hierarchy.” – Naval Ravikant
17. “Don’t just make money, make a difference.” – Grant Cardone
18. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” – Will Rogers
19. “The ultimate purpose of money is so that you do not have to be in a specific place at a specific time doing anything you don’t want to do.” – Naval Ravikant
20. “Invest in as much of yourself as you can, you are your own biggest asset by far.” – Warren Buffett
21. “A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.” – Jonathan Swift
22. “It does not take money to make money.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
23. “The rich invest their money and spend what is left; the poor spend their money and invest what is left.” – Jim Rohn
24. “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.” – Warren Buffett
25. “A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money.” – W. C. Fields
26. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
27. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget Rule No. 1.” – Warren Buffett
28. “It’s simple arithmetic: “Your income can grow only to the extent you do.” – T. Harv Eker
29. “Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.” – Ambrose Bierce
You May Also Like: How To Save $1,000 Even if You’re Super Broke
30. “Stop buying things you don’t need, to impress people you don’t even like.” – Suze Orman
31. “Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.” – George Carlin
32. “Cocaine is God’s way of telling you you are making too much money.” – Robin Williams
33. “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” – Will Rogers
34. “People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.” – Joan Rivers
35. “The funny thing is, the people who work really hard, they work really hard so they can sit on their ass – they just want to sit on their ass in nicer surroundings.” – Karl Pilkington
36. “Money moves from those who do not manage it, to those who do.” – Dave Ramsey
37. “The man who does more than he is paid for, will soon be paid for more than he does.” – Napoleon Hill
38. “Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it.” – Frank A. Clark
39. “Change your focus from making money to serving more people. Serving people makes the money come in.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
40. “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer
41. “Remember that the only purpose of money is to get you what you want, so think hard about what you value and put it above money.” – Ray Dalio
42. “Some people are so poor, all they have is money.” – Unknown
43. “The ultimate purpose of money is so that you do not have to be in a specific place, at a specific time, doing anything you don’t want to do.” – Naval Ravikant
44. “If you live for having it all, what you have is never enough.” – Vicki Robin
45. “Save one-third, live on one-third, and give away one-third.” – Angelina Jolie
46. “You aren’t wealthy until you have something money can’t buy.” – Garth Brooks
47. “If you cannot control your emotions, you cannot control your money.” – Warren Buffett
48. “Do what you love and the money will follow.” – Marsha Sinetar
49. “Never go into business purely to make money. If that’s the motive, you’re better off doing nothing.” – Richard Branson
50. “Winning at money is 80 percent behavior and 20 percent head knowledge. What to do isn’t the problem; doing it is. Most of us know what to do, but we just don’t do it. If I can control the guy in the mirror, I can be skinny and rich.” – Dave Ramsey
51. “If you’re chasing money, you’ll always be lacking. Chase purpose and money will chase you.” – Tony Gaskins
52. “Don’t tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I’ll tell you what you value.” – Joe Biden
53. “They say time is money, but that’s not true. You can make your money back.” – Steven Griffith
54. “The more you stress over bills, the more difficult it is to focus on your goals. The cheaper you can live, the greater your options.” – Mark Cuban
55. “Money never comes from hard work. Money comes from being of service and adding value to people’s lives.” – Ralph Napolitano
56. “Look at what caused people to make a lot of money and you will see that usually it is in proportion to their production of what the society wanted.” – Ray Dalio
57. “Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” – Epictetus
I hope you enjoyed these epic money quotes spoken from wealthy people around the globe!
If you can learn anything about the rich, it’s that for most, money doesn’t drive them- it’s their passion, persistence and strong desire to help others is what makes them so successful.
Which quote is your absolute fave? Let me know in the comments below!
You may also like:
- How I Paid of $15,000 in Credit Card Debt in 7 Months
- 11 Motivational Quotes to Motivate and Encourage Women
- How to Earn Passive Income with Affiliate Marketing for Beginner’s
- 12 Stupid-Easy Dave Ramsey Tips to Save $1,000 in 30 Days
- How to Start A Profitable Blog: Step-by-Step Beginner’s Guide